A leading technology solution provider with a rich history of servicing both the public and private sectors in records management, archiving systems and custom information management solutions and services.
Three siblings assumed ownership of their family business, founded in the 1970’s, from their father without a transition strategy or roadmap. The business was profitable, but process and company values were never formalized. Financial records were never verified due to the siblings’ lack of business acumen and their trust in the information provided by their father. While each sibling had unique capabilities, none had the proper training or experience to run a company. One sibling manually managed the financial data but a deeper, timely and efficient understanding of the financials and profitability was necessary to make sound decisions. Communication styles between the siblings were different leading to many assumptions, negatively impacting communication, trust and accountability.
Trilogy Guided Solutions
- Automated financial process to provide timely and accurate information.
- Created budgets and cash flow projections to help owners manage the company by the numbers.
- Roadmap to set a strategy for people, process and growth.
- Formalized the company’s vision and values.
- New organizational chart to assign the right people to the proper roles to scale the business.
- Trilogy Executive coaching to ensure that the owners are accountable for their short and long-term goals and in turn, make accountability an expectation throughout the organization.
- With the organizational chart in place, the proper leadership function for each sibling was clear allowing each to apply their strengths and maintain an area of accountability.
- Business is run by the numbers; informed decisions are made about cash flow, investment, and company direction.
- Executive team is mindful to focus on their vision and values when recruiting and hiring to ensure that the growth of the company is in the best hands when they are ready to transition to the 3rd generation.
- Through Trilogy coaching, the siblings understand each other’s communication style resulting in swifter and bolder decision making, better execution, less stress and fewer unspoken assumptions.
- Owners have a business valuation and understand the worth of the company, having increased the firm’s future value by being less dependent on any one owner.