A premier printing service specializing in luxury print graphics and display installations.
In a rapidly changing and competitive industry, the CEO/owner of a growing service company worried how to increase revenue and achieve the culture that he wanted for himself and his team. The Executive Team (ET) had limited ability as there was no management training, processes, strategy or defined core values and while staff doubled over 5 years, there was virtually no middle management to support growth. Silos existed between departments resulting in resentment and ambiguity about how individuals and departments contribute to the company’s workflow, client satisfaction and overall success.
Trilogy Guided Solutions
- Helped the owner recognize the need for an experienced financial professional to prove timely and accurate reports.
- Utilized Trilogy’s Profit Drivers™ to help identify opportunities to improve top and bottom line.
- Identified most profitable jobs to refocus their efforts and quantify profitability by salesperson.
- Performed an analysis of renting vs. buying a new building.
- Roadmap to align thinking amongst the owner and his Executive Team.
- Identified three Critical Success Factors and the person(s) responsible for each.
- Helped the owner reconsider the financial, people and processes needed to achieve his goal of doubling his revenue over the next 5 years.
- Evaluated the owner’s risk-reward of delegating to others vs. staying involved in all areas of the business.
- Illustrated how expansion and restructuring of operations would be more cost effective, affordable and help improve client service and drive profit.
- Trilogy leadership coaching for each member of the Executive Team to elevate their skills, knowledge and confidence.
- Job descriptions for every position, including the CEO, to address ambiguity around job function.
- Performance evaluations to clarify roles/expectations and to demonstrate commitment to staff development.
- Trilogy designed weekly meetings for supervisors and their teams to improve dialogue and keep staff informed about company performance.
- Trilogy helped facilitate quarterly “all-team” meetings to encourage company-wide collaboration and understanding about how one department’s actions impact workflow through the entire organization.
- Revenue exceeded owners target by more than 20% and cash flow and profit increased.
- Executive Team and their managers reflect on company values to make swifter and objective decisions and are far less tolerant of behaviors that do not align with the culture.
- Culture dramatically improved now that the Executive Team can confidently offer realistic direction and timely, honest feedback.
- Job descriptions and performance evaluations result in less confusion, greater accountability and allow for team members to understand possible career paths.
- Commitment to develop middle management through weekly and quarterly meetings increased manager engagement and a willingness to take on more responsibility.
- Weekly huddles ensure that teams are focused and thinking strategically about how their actions impact the business.
- Quarterly “all-team” meetings promote further understanding and appreciation of individual and department contributions.
- Collaboration increased with individuals feeling responsible for each other’s success.
- CEO freed from day-to-day operations to focus on developing a sales team, networking and client relationships; he is optimistic that business can double now that Trilogy has helped build a structured, accountable and professional organization.