Composed of brilliant individuals with extensive academic training and project experience, the firm provides integrated ecological and engineering consulting services with expertise in natural resource management, water resources engineering, geotechnical design & investigation, and regulatory compliance.
Three partners, deeply committed but without a clear strategy or focus to move beyond maintaining the business. They struggled to comprehend cash flow and had no clear understanding of their financial picture including expenses and profitable services. They were understaffed, had difficulty hiring, and suffered from frequent scheduling issues. Employees were not engaged or accountable, silos existed between departments and communication issues were prevalent. Also, the senior partner announced his retirement, leaving the other two to anticipate a plan to facilitate the buyout, the transfer of knowledge and maintenance of client relationships.
Trilogy Guided Solutions
- Engaged Trilogy outsourced CFO to clean up financial data and create reports with financial metrics for owners to review.
- Established financial framework for newly hired Controller to build upon.
- Helped client reduce billing time and increase collections of receivables.
- Put system in place to focus on engineering billables and utilization.
- Created process to focus on profitable clients and projects.
- Roadmap to align the owners on vision, values, communication and critical success factors.
- Organizational chart to define roles and accountability and identify gaps.
- Dialogue about market sectors and service offerings to eliminate or integrate into other areas to improve profitability.
- Developed sales targets and collaborate with associates on a sales pipeline process.
- Wrote a plan for transition, client retention and transfer of responsibilities to minimize the disruption when the senior partner retires.
- Implemented the Entrepreneurial Operating System® (EOS®) for more consistency, greater accountability, and robust growth.
- Trilogy coaching for Executive & Middle Management leadership.
- Helped owners address conflict and accountability concerns.
- Developed project managers and empower to become productive leaders.
- Identified and coached an internal employee to be their first Integrator (COO).
- Client understanding of the fundamentals of business.
- Complete reorganization without any loss of existing clients.
- Roadmap served to create alignment, purpose and focus for the partners.
- Organizational chart clarified roles, set expectations, increased accountability AND identified the need to hire an experienced controller to improve reporting, optimize the invoice process and reduce the collection period for better cash flow.
- Company focused on financial stability and growth with an increase to the bottom line and better liquidity.
- Partners have reports and metrics to track profitable vs. non-profitable areas and can manage the business by the numbers.
- Owners realize the importance of sales pipeline planning as it relates to workforce leveling and staffing current and future projects.
- Collaboration, trust and healthy conflict have improved.
- Leadership is moving with purpose, working to identify, train and develop the next level of management.