A leading provider of environmental drilling services and preferred partner of top environmental engineering firms in the country. Firm is committed to continually increasing knowledge, professionalism, scope of service, safety, and customer service.
The CEO/owner was not acting as a leader; he was working “in the business, not on the business”. Leadership positions were held by long-time friends and family and the owner was uncomfortable confronting issues. There was no forecast or budget and the owner lacked the financial information needed to drive decision-making, control overhead and scale the business. The company did not have an organizational chart, strategic plan, continuity plan, or sales force. While the company was profitable, it was not growing.
Trilogy Guided Solutions
- Established budgets and financial projections.
- Systemized business processes.
- Evaluated better methods for scheduling and labor tracking to eliminate unnecessary overtime.
- Developed five-year strategic plan.
- Created current and future organizational charts to clarify roles and accountability.
- Trilogy executive coaching for CEO, COO and CFO to transform the business into a professionally managed enterprise to drive both the top and bottom line.
- Hired a new COO and CFO to assume positions occupied by long-time friends and an experienced salesperson (gaps identified on new organizational chart).
- Improved business processes and more meaningful financial reports provided a higher level of certainty resulting in the courage to make quicker and bolder decisions.
- Profit positively impacted through the installation of a project management system to streamline the flow of work throughout the organization.
- Revenue grew through the efforts of a dedicated salesperson, the purchase of another firm, expansion into a new geographic region, and an increase in service offerings.
- Bottom line increased tenfold by empowering the management team, understanding costs, eliminating waste and increasing efficiencies.
- Trilogy created a self-sustaining culture that strives for continual improvement, ensuring the health of the company for decades to come.
- COO promoted to President; owner assumed the role of CEO and monitors his business with a dashboard, allowing time to pursue additional interests.